Thursday, June 01, 2006

The Beginning of the End... For The Suns

Do you want to know why I write this damn blog? Because I can release frustration. It's that plain and simple. I get so upset after a stink bomb the Mavs drop that I need to do something. And since I have only recently been turned away from domestic abuse, I find writing very therapeutic. So here is what I have to say about Game 4.

By far the worst game played all season. I don't think you could ask for a more poorly played game. The only two guys who were contributing offensively were Josh Howard and Adrian Griffin. Yes, Adrian Griffin. Now, Griff can be a great offensive contributor if, say, the Mavs are clicking on all cylinders. But when Griff goes coast-to-coast and is not passing to an open, yet ice cold, Dirk, then your offense is ineffective. The Mavs were fighting the yips all game, and when they couldn't get on a run at the end of the 3rd, they just mailed it in. Very un-Mavlike.

So the Mavs played a terrible game. Big Deal. Every team plays terrible games, and superstars are not exempt from going cold. Ask Dwyane Wade or Shaq against the Bulls. It happens, and the best you can hope for is a regroup and a concentrated team effort. And it appears the Mavs are ready.

They were due for a bad game. And to be honest, it couldn't have come at a better time. They hadn't played that poorly in a playoff game yet this year, and I think they may have forgotten that in the playoffs, there is no such thing as an off night. So losing a road game and still maintaining home-court advantage isn't the worst thing in the world.

Look for the Mavs to come out firing. And not only on offense. I'm talking hard fouls and a lot of forced turnovers. And, I can't believe I'm going to say this. I currently have a gun to my head as I'm typing this with one hand.

Jerry Stackhouse will have a monster game.

Yes, the same Jerry Stackhouse that I bashed a few days ago on this site, and the same one who I constantly compare myself to when I make a dumb move on the court. Stack will come back with a vengance.

And Dirk is an obvious pick as well.

Mavs go up 3-2 and put the Suns on the ropes. Michael Vaughn style.

No comments: